Last Thursday night, we had the best time celebrating the amazing creativity coming out of Dallas! We had so much fun working with Johnson & Sekin with the Must Love Ads theme for this year. They did a phenomenal job bringing this theme to life! If you missed the show, check out the groovy theme videos and the AdChat DFW interviews with the creative team that made it happen. The Richards Group took home the Best of Show for their “Snapple X Old Town Road” in the social media campaign category. Other special awards went to:
- Lerma, The Mosaic Award for “PRxPR Case Study” in the Pro Bono Campaign category.
- Launch Agency, Judge’s Choice for “So Much Better TV” in the TV Campaign category.
- ATK PLN, Judge’s Choice for “Arli and the World of Wonderful” in the Animation, Special Effects or Motion Graphics/CGI category.
- The Richards Group, Judge’s Choice for “Save Jane” in the Pro Bono Ambient Media category.
- Lerma, Judge’s Choice for “#StopGunViolence” in the Pro Bon Pro Bono Campaigns category.
- Anna Rose Corell and Gaelle Gachelin at Southern Methodist University, Student Best of Show for “P3 – Good Things Come in Threes” in the Poster category.
- Client of the Year – TOYOTA, Josh Hoffmann
- Agency Media Strategist/Planner of The Year – Nicole Cappellino, Publicis Media
- Agency Media Buyer/Investor of The Year – Katie Brown, Goodway Group
- Media Sales Rep of The Year – Laura Garcia, Viant
- Agency Account Executive of The Year – Samer Salfiti, The Integer Group
- Creative Production Partner of The Year – Courtney Love, Shoptology
- Agency Support of The Year – Jonathan Ogle, The Infinite Agency
- Educator of the Year – Douglas May, UNT
- Young Professional of the Year – Kyla Jones, RAPP
This year, the American Advertising Awards Gala was the largest of the year with 604 attendees. We have likely outgrown the venue and are looking forward to the future of this program! Proceeds from the American Advertising Awards gala go directly back into the development of our industry through AAF’s Education Initiatives, Public Service, Diversity and Multiculturalism Programming, Public Service and Professional Devleopment. Thank you to all who attended and made this a historic evening to remember! Follow us on Social Media for the full gallery of photos which will be available in 2-3 weeks.